This seems to be a question every Muslim is curious about. Yet few take the time to search the words of the Quran. So let’s look at a few important facts about Jesus:
1. Jesus was the only person to be born of a virgin, distinguished from all humans and prophets:
She said, How shall I have a son, whom no mortal has touched, neither have I been unchaste. He said, Even so thy Lord has said: Easy is that for Me; and that We may appoint him a sign unto men and a mercy from Us. It is a thing determined.
(Sura Miriam 20 and 21)
2. Jesus is different from all other prophets because he is called the Kalimatullah (Word of Allah)
The Messiah, Isa son of Mary, Allah’s Messenger, and His Word…
(Sura The Women 171; Sura al Imran 40).
3. Only Jesus was born from the spirit of Allah; for this reason He did not need a traditional, genetic birth.
The Masih, Isa Son of Mary, Allah’s Messenger, and His Word that He committed to Mary, and a Spirit from Him.
(Sura The Women 169)
4. Only Isa spoke while in the cradle.
[Jesus, the baby] said, “Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet…
(Sura Miriam 19:30)
Also, the Quran tells us that Christ needed no one to teach Him anything, not even how to speak.
Who hath directed the spirit of the Lord, or being His counselor hath taught Him knowledge and showed to Him the way of understanding.
5. Jesus was the only perfect prophet. All other prophets have sinned. Even though this not a popular viewpoint, their actions and sins were mentioned in both the Quran and Taurat. Isa was the only sinless one.
Highly honored shall He (Isa) be in this world and the next.
(Sura al Imran 45)
Also, the influential Arab writer and imam Al-Bukhari taught about the perfection of Prophet Jesus:
Satan pokes with his finger the side of every human at birth, except Jesus, son of Mary; when he went to poke Him, he poked the curtain.
(Hadith of Sahih Bukhari Vol 4, Book 54)
6. Jesus was distinguished from all other prophets because, through Allah, he gave life:
I will create for you out of clay as the likeness of a bird; then I will breathe into it and it will be a bird.
(Sura al Imran 42)
7. Only Jesus was could know other men’s secrets
I will inform you too of what things you eat, and what you treasure up in your houses. Surely, in that is a sign for you if you are believers.
(Sura Al Imran 48)
8. Jesus performed miracles and signs which no other prophet could.
And I will also heal the blind and the leper…
(Sura Al Imran 48)
9. Only Jesus could raise the dead.
And I will bring life to the dead…
(Sura al Imran 48 & Sura The Table 110)
(The Injil also tells the story of Jesus raising Lazarus after he had been dead several days)
10. Only Jesus received the honored title of “the Masih” (i.e. the chosen one).
The Masih, Isa son of Miriam, was Allah’s Messenger, and His Word committed to Miriam…
(Sura The Women 169)
The Taurat made known the real identity of the Masih, saying:
Behold the days come, says the Lord, that I will raise unto Dawud a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgement and justice in the earth… and this is the name whereby He shall be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
11. Jesus was a Sign and Mercy from Allah
Unto men who fell under the burden and the shackles of sin; for which, Allah’s justice and holiness condemned them to eternal perdition. For this reason the only Savior, who can offer eternal salvation to men came to be a Mercy from Allah.
(Sura Miriam 20)
12. Only Jesus would die, yet also predict before he died that he would come back to life.
I will cause thee to die, and I will raise thee to Me, and I will purify thee of those who believe not. I will set thy followers above the unbelievers till the resurrection Day
(Sura al Imran 55)
13. Jesus will come to this world to judge the living and the dead.
The Arab teacher Al-Bukhari confirmed this fact, saying:
The Last Hour will not come until the Son of Mary come down as the just Judge.